Celebrate Recovery (Hurts, Habits and Hang-ups)
7 p.m. Fridays, Adult Ministry Center, Henderson Campus
Help and healing are yours in the recovery principles of the Beatitudes and Christ-centered 12 steps. Celebrate Recovery is a safe place for you to find freedom from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups.
Celebrate Recovery is a place to enjoy fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives. This experience allows us to be changed. We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. In addition we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our problems.
By working the steps and applying the Biblical principles found in the Beatitudes, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and negative behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger relationship with God and others.
As we progress along the road to recovery, we discover our personal, loving, and forgiving Higher Power - Jesus Christ!
Childcare begins at 6:30 p.m. Please drop off your children at the Lighthouse building behind the Adult Ministry Center on your way to Celebrate Recovery.
Things we are:
- A place to share
- A place of refuge
- A place of belonging
- A place to care for others and be cared for
- A place where respect is given to each member
- A place where confidentiality is highly regarded
- A place to learn
- A place to demonstrate genuine love
- A place to grow strong again
- A place for progress
- A place where you can take off your mask and allow others to know who you are
- A place for healthy challenges and risks
- A possible turning point in your life
Things we are not:
- A place for selfish control
- A place for therapy
- A place for secrets
- A place to look for dating relationships
- A place for perfection
- A place to judge others
- A quick fix