What to expect
What are the weekend services like?
Each weekend you’ll find a relaxed, friendly atmosphere with exciting, contemporary worship music and a practical, relevant message. In the program you’ll find a printed outline for notes that will help you make the most of each week’s teaching.
Students and children enjoy separate programming designed especially for them in a fun-filled, loving atmosphere. Arrive 15 minutes before the service to check them in through our secure system.
Services typically last 1 hour and 15 minutes.
What will happen when I visit for the first time?
If you’re visiting for the first time, you can relax. We won’t ask you to stand up, and we’ll encourage you to take a pass when the offering baskets go by. We have newcomers every week. Many want to check out our church in a quiet way for a while, and that’s fine with us. Come enjoy and see if our church is right for you.
Please stop by the Welcome Desk in the lobby if you’d like to pick up more information about our church or if you need directions to the children’s areas. We’re glad to help!
What should I wear?
Wear what is comfortable for you. You’ll see most people wearing weekend wear or casual dress clothes in our worship services.
Where are you located?
We have five locations. Click here for addresses and service times. Most weekends, people at each location are hearing the same message and all are enjoying live worship music.
What programs are available for children and students?
Children are a top priority here. We host separate programming for babies and preschoolers, elementary-age children, middle, and finally high school students. Many college students attend our Downtown campus downtown. We also offer classes for children with special needs.
In each ministry, children learn together in engaging, age-appropriate ways that kids really love. Our staff and highly trained volunteers lead both large-group worship and small group conversations.
You can rest assured that your children are being cared for and taught by people who love kids and who have passed a rigorous application process that includes a background and spiritual formation check.
We used a computerized security system for babies through elementary children that allows only the person who checked in the child to take the child after services.
Do you have a mid-week service?
Yes. Our weekends start on Wednesday night at 6:45 p.m.
Many people can’t come to church on the weekend because of work schedules or other obligations. That’s why our first service of the week is Wednesday and then we follow that with services Saturday and Sunday.
All services are identical.
is there a service for people who speak spanish?
Yes, our Spanish Service meets Sundays at 9 and 11 a.m. in the Adult Ministry Center across the street. Stop by the Welcome Desk in the lobby for directions.
What’s the mission of Compassion Christian Church? What impact will it have on me?
Our mission is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ. When you get to know Jesus Christ in a real and personal way, He changes everything: your life, your family, your work, our community and our world.
If you have questions or if you’re ready to become a fully-devoted follower of Jesus, come forward at the end of any service or call the church at 912-925-9657 and ask to speak to the pastor on call.
How can I meet others and get connected? How can I be disciple and grow?
We want to help you get to know Jesus and help you become the person He created you to be. No matter where you are in life, we’ll help you find the next steps in your journey.
We think some of the best opportunities to grow and allow Jesus to change our lives happen outside the worship center.
• Visit Connecting Point in the lobby to pick up a welcome pack and get answers to yout questions.
• One of the best ways to become a fully-devoted follower of Christ is by joining a Life Group. These groups meet in homes to study, pray and build friendships. Groups help you meet other people and develop relationships that will encourage your relationship with Jesus. Groups are available for all ages and stages of life, and they meet in homes throughout this area. There’s one just right for you.
• We also encourage you to take advantage of the many classes and conferences we offer throughout the year. Check out our events page, sign up for our electronic newsletter, and watch for announcements in services and in your worship program. Connect with our online Facebook, Instagram and Twitter communities, too.
• You’ll also want to find the best place to use your unique gifts to serve in ministry here. We’ll help you discover your gifts and connect with a ministry.
• We partner with missionaries here in Savannah, across the U.S. and around the world to share the love of Jesus with people who are oppressed, living in poverty, recovering from disasters, or who simply have never heard the Good News about our Savior. Find out more here.